In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. If patients complain, we will deal with the issue courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
We learn from every mistake we make and we aim to respond to your concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is: Denise Laird
2. We listen to your complaint and offer to refer you to Denise Laird immediately.
If Denise Laird is not available at the time, then we will make appropriate arrangements. A member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot
arrange this within a reasonable period or if you do not want to wait, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
3. If you complain in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Denise Laird. If the complaint is against Denise Laird the matter will be passed to Cathy Kelly.
4. If your complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be
referred to the dentist who provided the treatment, unless you do not want this to happen.
5. If your complaint is in writing, we will acknowledge its receipt and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within 2 working days. We will seek to investigate the
circumstance which led to the complaint. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify you, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
6. We will confirm our decision about the complaint in writing to you immediately after completeing our investigation.
7. Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
8. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our procedure then the complaint may be forwarded to:
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
4 Melville Street
0800 377 7330